Baked a dozen of dark chocolate cupcake with white icing 2 weekends ago.
This is a long overdue post! Oh my gosh! I can’t believe this is my first post for the month of March. I have been so busy with baking and other things lately. 🙂 I guess it’s time for you to follow me on Instagram to be up to date. 😉
Anyway, two weekends ago I baked dark chocolate cupcakes with white icing for the husband and myself. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart’s website and kind of tweaked some of the ingredients, see italic comments below.
Ingredients & Directions:
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Cocoa)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature (I personally like to use salted butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs (3 extra large eggs for me)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
This is how it should look like when you follow the directions properly.
I normally bake my cupcakes for 22 minutes; and if you use the right scoop size, you will have a uniform regular cupcake like in the photo below. I used size 24 scoop, click here if you wish to buy one.
Very important reminder, let it cool before frosting!
Easy White Icing
Recipe still from Martha Stewart’s website and used salted butter instead of unsalted.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound (3 2/3 cups) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
I added some chocolate sprinkles on top and the husband and I finished these cupcakes in just a week or maybe less. Hehe. 😀
This is indeed our new favorite! This dark chocolate cupcake tastes so good with black coffee. 😉