I love baking!
Prepared cupcakes for my handsome husband from scratch, no ready mix this time. 😉 He’s working this weekend so I decided to make him some sweet snacks.
I saw this recipe somewhere on the internet before but I couldn’t remember where exactly anymore, so please bear with my instructions. 😀 Plus, I tweaked most of the measurements of the ingredients too.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup half & half milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350F. Prepare cupcake pan with paper cups.
- Beat butter and all dry ingredients (not including the flour) in a bowl using a mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, beat until fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla then slowly add the flour until blended. Mixture will look sticky (see photo above).
- Fill paper cups with batter about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, cool in a pan for about 5 mins. before frosting.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Melt chocolate chips in a large bowl in microwave for about 1.5 mins.
- Add sour cream and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Spread frosting on each cupcake and sprinkle some chocolate sprinkles.
The husband said it tastes so yummy and very rich! Perfect! That’s all that matters to me. LOL! 😀