Hello Lovely Readers!!!
I’m Mrs. Maher. I’m a proud wife to the most handsome and loving man in the world. I’m known to my family as Guen, most of my close friends in PH call me Guenny, but people from my new job call me G. Seems like my nickname is getting shorter and shorter. Haha!
I love to wander around the world, learn different cultures, dine wherever and share them on the blog. I also learned knitting when I got married and is currently addicted to it. “More yarns, please!” 😀
I’m also an expat, a frustrated photographer, a coffee lover and my husband thought I am funny and weird. LOL! We surely love to laugh all the time!
Our Love Story:
- The beginning:
- Dec 2010 – when we first met, as friends and at work.
- Feb 2011 – when we started dating and committed to do our best to not let distance be a hindrance of our love.
- Our time TOGETHER:
- Aug 2011 – Davao and Manila, 2 week vacation
- Aug 2012 – Boracay and Cebu, 2 week vacation
- Jul 2013 – a 2 week vacation to Phuket and Bangkok, Thailand.
- Nov 2013 – 3 week business trip; it was tough being senior managers, we didn’t have much time to travel. We were extremely busy at work.
- Our time APART:
- All the days, months and years in between the time we first met, our travels and Christmas of 2014. We where we only connected by our ghost and technology during our time apart.
- The forever:
- I arrived in Oregon, Christmas Day of 2014. We tied the knot January the following year. Now, we are happily married and is always together every day. YAY!
The word “guenbt” is derived from our nicknames. Our blog was called “together & apart” as we were learning how to live our lives 7,000 miles away from each other. And staying connected in many ways we know how and one of which was having this blog.
Now that we’ve closed the distance, posts will revolve around me being a wife, my love for travel, crafts and blogging.
Stories about my 2 most loved dogs will always be on the blog.
Hope you enjoy your time here! 🙂